June 28, 2010

Olympus Pen E-PL1


My old Yashica viewfinder, originally uploaded by Photofidelity.
Heck yes I got an Olympus Pen E-PL1!! And I must say ........I LOVE IT!!!! The portability is a great thing... the image quality is GREAT and, the shutter is nearly silent which makes it a great stealthy little street shooter.
I hear a lot of talk about the looks of this model in the PEN series and I must say I really like looks along with the lighter body. It just makes it that much easier to carry around on a long day out. The larger grip on the side is freakishly comfortable and it makes me feel confident when handling this camera without a strap. This camera by no means feels cheap. It has a sturdy solid feel in the hand with a good weight. The lack of dials and buttons really hasn't effected my use of the camera. I typically shoot with a Nikon D700 and I find that It's easy to manually control this little micro 4/3 camera with use of the (SCP) super control panel which I can access with the push of literally one button.
The Pop up flash is pretty much the most useful pop up flash I have ever used. You can physically change the angle of the flash and use it as a bounce flash off ceiling or walls at all different angles to get a more natural lighting effect. Unlike the old on camera flashes from days of old which only face forward and blast everything with harsh unflattering light. Now enough of my babbling check out a review at dpreview ...



As of now I am very pleased with this camera and will keep you up to date with anything I may discover good or bad about the Olympus Pen E-PL1.

No comments:

Post a Comment